Item typesAvailable item types in KolXPD:
- Experiment file: Root for all other items.
- Folder: All items can be organized in folders. Folders can have subfolder of unlimited level.
- Region: One spectrum as wave of X versus Y data.
- MultiView: Graph showing multiple spectra with many instant processing options. Can exist as an item or can be invoked by selecting more regions at one time.
- XPD/ARPES: 1D/2D angle scans - X-ray photoelectron diffraction, Band mapping, etc.
- Sequence: Time scans or general spectra sequences.
- NEXAFS/ResPES/...: 1D scans by primary energy (using monochromator at synchrotron) - ResonantPES, NEXAFS, etc.
- EDAC: Results of EDAC1 calculated XPD pattern. 2D angle data, each angle point contains only a number - calculated intensity.
- Cluster: Cluster file for EDAC1 XPD pattern calculations.
- Notes: HTML or plain text.
- Image browser: Browser e.g. for LEED patterns.
- sputtering of hot sample
- exposure by a gas
Mouse & Keyboard
- works like standard windows tree control
- single selection by single click, browsing by keypad arrows
- expand/collapse of folder by double-click or click on +/- sign
- multiple selection by Ctrl/Shift + click
- multiple selection is adjusted in order to contain items of single type (you can click on some region and that shift+click on a region in different folder - all regions between will be selected but not folders and other items)
- if you have multiple selection and click on some selected item, other items will not be unselected
- You can move items by drag-and-drop with mouse. Only one item can be dragged now
- If you hold Shift or Ctrl during drop, item will be copied
- You can move (reorder) selected items within a folder by pressing Alt + arrows. This works for multiple selection
- You can cut/copy/paste (multiple) selection. Tip: Items are copied into clipboard as text in same format that is used for saving to files. You can alter text in a notepad before paste back or used its data in other software
- Zoom - zoom a region of graph by click and drag a rectangle by mouse. You must start in upper-left corner and go down and right
- Unzoom - zoom to fit all displayed data by dragging in opposite direction - anywhere in graph from down-right to up-left
- Pan - if graph is zoomed you can catch it by right mouse button and move
- Range - used to define a part of a wave for subsequent processing, e.g. area and background computing, fitting, export, etc.
- If displayed wave(s) has defined range and can be modified, range borders are displayed by black vertical lines with hatching
- You can move with a border by dragging and holding Ctrl key
- If you hold Ctrl and Shift it will move both borders simultaneously
- Graph can have a Set range button nearby for other range manipulations
1 - Electron Diffraction in Atomic Clusters - F. J. García de Abajo, M. A. Van Hove, and C. S. Fadley, Phys. Rev. B 63, 75404 (2001).